Common reasons for the error "Cannot find the specified file because it does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions."
If a piece of content (called a Content Object) is showing an exclamation point icon , AVAIL is not able to provide a thumbnail for the content.
The most common reasons this occurs are:
- The file is no longer in the location where it was indexed from, either because it was deleted or moved in the File System.
Solution 1: Put the file back in the location where it was originally indexed from.
Solution 2: Remove the missing Content Object (right-click the object, select Remove from Channel), and re-index the file from it's new location.
- The file was indexed from a location that you do not have access to. For example, the content was indexed from someone's C: drive or a server that you don't have permission to access.
Solution 1: Request permission from your Network Administrator for access to that location
Solution 2: Have the file indexed from an accessible location (for example, a network location instead of a user space such as a C: drive).
- The file type handler for this file type has not been installed. For example, if Revit is not installed, by default thumbnails will not appear for RFAs, RVTs, etc.
Solution: Install the corresponding software for the file type.
- Disconnected from the location where the file lives.
Ensure you are connected to the location where the file is located.
Sometimes Mapped Network Drives are configured to auto disconnect when not accessed for a period of time. Clicking on the mapped drive may make it available.
Contact your Network Administrator if unable to connect to the location needed.
How to Determine Where a File was Indexed from
- Select a piece of content in the AVAIL Desktop
- Open the Details Panel by selecting the Information icon in the bottom right corner of the application
- Location indicates where the file was indexed from