Application Mappings allow Publishers to highlight content relevant to the specific application that the end user is searching from.
If a user is working in Revit 2023 and performs a search from the AVAIL for Revit Add-in, the Desktop results will prioritize content from Channel Groups belonging to the “Revit 2023” mapping instead of an indiscriminate search among all AVAIL content.
Learn more about Channel Groups: Getting Started with Channel Groups
Default Global search:
Search mapped to Revit 2023:
Managing Application Mappings:
- Select the User Profile drop-down
- Select Manage Application Mappings
- Select the application from the Applications section
- Add a Channel Group by selecting the + button next to the group in the Available Channel Groups section
- Prioritize the Channel Groups by selecting the up and down arrows
- Remove a Channel Group from an Application Mapping by selecting the remove (x) button next to the group