Edit tags from the spreadsheet editor of your choice.
Tags can be added and removed directly within AVAIL.
For even more powerful editing capabilities though, Tag IO enables you to edit tags leveraging the power of your preferred spreadsheet editor.
Why Does TAG IO export as a .TSV file?
TSV stands for tab-separated values. Tag IO uses tab-separated instead of comma-separated (CSV) values to avoid conflicts with tags that include commas.
This article will cover two of the most common spreadsheet editors:
Open Tag IO .TSV in Microsoft Excel
- Your machine may not recognize the .tsv file format. Right click and select Open with.
- If Excel does not appear as an option, make sure Always use this app to open .tsv files is checked and select Look for another app on this PC.
- This will open a file browser at your Program Files directory. Search for “excel” and open the EXCEL.EXE file.
- You’re all set! From now on, Excel will open .TSV files by default.
Open Tag IO .TSV in Google Sheets
- From the Google Sheets home, start a blank spreadsheet.
- From the File menu, select Import.
- Choose the Upload tab and upload the .TSV file.
- Hit Select and you’re all set!